Friday, January 1, 2021

Finally Done

 


Glad that's over. Now we try it again in 2021. From what I've been reading, however, things are going to be worse instead of better before too much longer. The $600 dollars all of us will be getting is a typical government response to a problem. Many people don't need the money and for many it's not going to do anywhere near enough. When the rent and mortgage forbearance runs out, there's going to be a lot of evictions, homeless and hungry people. I don't know but I won't be surprised if I have to pay income tax on the stimulus money. I have to pay income tax on my Social Security check which is money I paid as a tax, so if they can tax a tax, they can tax you're relief check. Have to wait and see about that one.

On the home front, I got my Covid test yesterday. Just got my throat swabbed, rather than sticking the Q-tip up my nose. I should be good to go now for the cataract surgery. I'm hoping this works out as well as what I was told. The eyesight has really deteriorated over the last year. I was welding on the inside of grill shell the other day and I moved my head to see under the gas cup and had to use just my right eye due to my position and everything went fuzzy. Pain in the ass. 

I'm not making any resolutions for the new year. I've got an exercise and diet plan in the works already so all I'm really interested in doing is continuing progress in the shop and around the house. Everything else will depend on how things go with the virus, the economy and the political situation. Play it by ear, roll with the punches, do what I can.

I wish all of you the best. Hopefully it will be a good year for you in spite of my pessimism. 

No comments: