Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Package Arrivals

 


Both of my packages showed up. The one from Speedway that was delivered to the wrong address was on the porch this morning. The neighbor must have dropped it off on his way to work - thank you very much. The one from Jegs showed up at about 4:00 pm. According to the Fed-Ex website they tried to deliver it on Monday. Don't know why it didn't make it but I've got them both in house now, ready to go when I get back to work.

I went to the doc for my check up yesterday. After a few tests they sat me down in a little waiting room in the back area while waiting for the room to become available for the doctor's consult. Another older guy came in and I recognized him even with his mask on as a guy I used to work with at the school corporation. Seems he had cataract surgery yesterday too. There was a young lady sat down also and when I introduced myself to the other guy, she asked me to repeat my name. Turns out she was a former student of mine. Quite the coincidence.

Anyway, the check up went well so I'm on schedule for the left eye next week. I also got a phone call from the print shop about a job I dropped off quite awhile ago. They said it's done and they've been trying to contact me for a month. I put their number in my phone right after I dropped the job off so I'd be sure to recognize the number and answer if they called. Even if if I didn't recognize the number yesterday is the first time I got a message from them. Who knows? I need to go out and pick up some fresh produce today, so I'll run up to the print shop and pick up the order. Maybe pick up a couple donuts at the church bakery since I'll be right there. I don't need any sweets but I can score some solid points with the Missus. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

FYI I believe the donuts at the church are closed today for a holiday. SORRY

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Rats! Thanks for the heads up.