Sunday, March 6, 2022

Bike, Hike & Chickens

 


Warm day yesterday - temps in the seventies. Went for a bicycle ride even though it was breezy. We did 12 miles and then I stopped on the way home and picked up a couple of chickens that were no longer wanted by a friend of my running buddy. Like always with chickens, it'll take a while to establish the pecking order. I don't know the type of breed of either of the new ones, but the guy said they lay different color eggs than what is normal. Have to see about that.

I'm going hiking today. My running buddy and I are signed up for a hiking program that requires us to hike 75 miles before the end of May, meaning we'll have to average a little over 6 miles per week. I'm looking forward to getting out and hiking some trails I don't normally get out on. Since I haven't traveled anywhere for the last two years, this will be a pleasant and healthy change for me.

3 comments:

Surly said...

What is the color of a normal egg?

Shop Teacher Bob said...

White or different shades of brown. I was aware of a breed that lays green eggs but didn't know of any breeds that lay pink or blue.

Surly said...

I was aware of white, brown, and green but never thought about which one folks considered normal. To me brown eggs are normal.
Post a pic of these when they lay; I'm curious.