Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Tee Shirt Tuesday #20

 


Wonderful sentiment for these troubled times. 

I've been thinking about Ireland quite a bit lately. I was over there a few years back at this time of the year. The Chicago public television station was doing one of their fundraisers Saturday which featured Celtic Woman, a group of ladies singing Irish songs from different locations around the country, several of which I was lucky enough to visit while there. 


That's yours truly kissing the Blarney Stone. I really am blessed - got a bit of talent, a little coin jingling in my pocket and wonderful family and friends. However, I don't have a souvenir tee shirt from my Ireland trip. I bought a hat while on the tour of the Guinness brewery instead. But I do have this one to showcase today:


Acme Championship Wrestling was started by my buddy Jimmy a few years back - why, I don't know. Maybe to pay for his beer tab since he wasn't boxing anymore. He puts on a few shows per year at local venues - at the gym, American Legion, and a few of the community schools. It's pure cornball wrestling with guys getting whacked with garbage cans and folding chairs. The wrestlers all have a stage name and costumes. I took the grandsons to one of the shows at the high school and it wasn't a bad show - not really my cup of tea but for a local show out in the sticks, you can't expect Verne Gagne or to be able to buy any of his amazing Dyna-Power.




No comments: