Monday, March 21, 2022

That's All Right Mama

 


This was recorded two days before the tenth anniversary of Elvis's death. Surly and I were in Memphis for a motorcycle race that weekend. We were planning on going to Graceland but the crowds were more than I wanted to deal with and it was hotter then the hub bolts of hell that weekend - wouldn't have been much fun standing in line. We did make it to the Carl Perkins Museum on another trip. It was next door to the Chatanooga Choo-Choo Motel, as I recall. We got to see the blue suede shoes and his fringed coat. About as exciting as seeing Elvis's K model Harley at Niagra Falls, the Corn Palace or Wall Drugs. Now you can see why I miss traveling so much. Cuzzin Ricky and I still haven't seen the world's largest ball of twine. Next trip to Kansas.


I got the transmission mount installed on the jitney. A small milestone but an important one. The engine and transmission are at the proper 3 degree inclination, so it's all good there.

I'm going to work on wrapping the sheet metal around the support rod on the dash hood and work on getting the steering hooked up next. I need to weld the shock mounts onto the radius rods and get the braided steel brake lines ordered for the front brakes. Steady by jerks, like always.

Got out and walked three miles yesterday. Had to go solo but I need to get 25 miles in on the month to stay on pace. Unless it's real windy today, I'll get out on the bike today. I'm planning on hiking a bit tomorrow at the arboretum. I was a member there a few years back and I'm thinking of joining again. It's a nice place to walk around and to take photographs. If you're a member you can bring a carload of people in at no cost - nice place for the boxing coaches to do our Sunday walks.


No comments: