Saturday, March 19, 2022

Road Trip!

 


Cuzzin Ricky was looking to buy a piece of equipment in Michigan, so I was invited along with the promise of breakfast and pie. As it ended up, we skipped breakfast but stopped at Crane's Pie Pantry for lunch and pie instead. I had been there a couple of times before, it was only about 20 miles from where we were and it was right on the way home. I had a veggie burger and a piece of pie and I bought a whole one to bring home. Crane's has been in business since 1916 and in addition to the winery and non-alcoholic ciders, they have various flavors of hard cider. I bought a can of the apple flavor to sample. I'm hoping to make some cider of my own again this year, rather than letting the apples go to waste again. I made apple wine before but I'd like to try my hand at making some hard cider.

It was really nice getting out again. This was the first trip we've taken in over two years. Next up will be a trip to a race track. Time to get back out into the world. We talked at lunch about going back to Alaska and both of us want to go to Hawaii. We're not getting any younger, maybe do both of those next year.

2 comments:

cuzzin ricky said...

Sitting here enjoying a piece of the blueberry I brought home. It was good to get out and enjoy a road trip.



Shop Teacher Bob said...

Yep! Time to get our show back out on the road.