Saturday, March 5, 2022

Pigs!

 I went out on the bicycle for the first ride of the season. It's always interesting to see what has accumulated along the side of the road over the winter. Lots of empty beer cans. Miller Lite always seems to be the dominate brand, followed by Busch Light and Budweiser. I still maintain the fall of the Empire started with light beer. What kind of a man can't handle a regular pale lager? Part of the diet plan? Yeah, right.  And what kind of man throws the empties out of the truck or car window? Never heard of a dumpster or recycling, you pigs. 


And then there's this. I ride and drive that section of road on a regular basis and I've never seen a dog like this one around. It doesn't look like it was hit by a car, so I'll have to go on the assumption some cold-hearted bastard dumped it there in the ditch. Probably drinks Miller Lite. It looks like it had pups not too long ago and it hasn't been there very long or the coyotes and vultures would have been tearing into it. I hate to leave it there but I called the county sheriff's office to see what could be done and was told the county highway department won't come get it if it's in the ditch and he couldn't recommend any other agency that could help. This does not make me happy.  


On a more up-beat note, I started fabbing up my transmission mount yesterday. It's supposed to be really warm today - might go for a bike ride. Maybe the Himalayan, maybe the push bike, maybe both. Depending on what I decide, I might finish the trans mount. The jitney's taking shape.

No comments: