Monday, March 14, 2022

Dashing!

 

Photo From Here

That's the ticket right there. That's what I'm shooting for with the jitney only with walnut rather than aluminum. My throttle pedal will be mounted to the floor with a cable running through the firewall. There's not much of the windscreen visible in the photo, but I want something similar. The weather's warming up this week, so I'll be spending more time out in the shop. I've got just about six months until my target date for the maiden voyage. As long as I stay after it, should be achievable.


Our regular group hiked 5 miles yesterday. I'll need to get 75 miles in before May 31st - got a decent beginning now with 11.6. I'm planning on adding a hike of a few miles in the middle of the week to add to what we do on the weekends. My running buddy posted that we would be at the park yesterday, thinking the guys training for the Golden Gloves would come out and get a few miles of roadwork in. Nope. All coaches, no fighters. I don't know what kind of shape those guys are in since I haven't been going, but I have a feeling it's not fighting shape and the Gloves starts in about three weeks. 


The head for the engine stand looks a lot better now. Pretty welds and a coat of paint does wonders. It wasn't a high priority job by any means but I need to make fixing, cleaning, finishing or scrapping a higher priority than it has been in the past. 

The chain for the jitney steering will be here in a couple of days so I can keep moving forward on that. I need to bolt the cylinder head on to locate where exactly the remote oil filter will go on the firewall. While the head is on I can see what it will take to hook up the radiator hoses. I think the top one will be pretty straight forward. However, the lower one will take a bit of work since the water pump and radiator outlets are different sizes. I don't think it will be much of an issue, just one of many details to work out.

I'm looking to finish the trans mount today. Maybe some outside work since it should be warm.

No comments: