Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Tee Shirt Tuesday #22

 


Surly got me this one for me from the House of Chingasos. When I worked at my first teaching gig years back, one of the guys started calling me chief and it stuck. In Spanish Chief is Jefe and about half of my guys spoke Spanish, so the shirt works that way. Plus, the skeleton on the bike is plenty cool - so that works too. And, Surly knows of my affection for cool tee shirts, so we're looking at a tee shirt hat trick. 


Things are greening up around here but it's been unseasonably cold - there was snow on the ground Saturday morning when I got up and the daytime high temperatures have been in the mid thirties. I went for a walk yesterday and it was just above freezing when I left. It wasn't a bad day to be out. The sun was out and there was only a slight breeze, and since I've been out in the weather all winter, I'm conditioned for the cold. It'll take me at least three weeks to get used to the hot weather when it finally comes, like it always does.

Since it's been cold and I've been reading a few books, I haven't done much on the projects. I started working on the jitney steering but I'm going to order a couple of larger sprockets before continuing. The ones I have are 2-1/2" but if I have to put much tension on the idler sprocket both runs of the chain will be damn near touching. I'm getting a couple of 3" to give me a bit of cushion and I think the chain will run around the sprockets a little more smoothly. Got plenty to do in the mean time.

1 comment:

Surly said...

You're also chingon, Jefe.