Monday, April 17, 2023

Spindle Sander

 


I finished the box to convert the rusty old drill press to a spindle sander. I'll get the drill cleaned up a bit and then get it out where I can use it, both as a sander and also as a drill press, primarily for wood working projects. 

The weather was sunny and 85 degrees on Saturday, rainy and 45 degrees yesterday. Because of that, finishing up the drill press project was about all I got done. I did manage to get some reading done, checked the computer for some bike rides and 5K runs/walks, and I watched Bullitt on TCM for about the 25th time. They also had Cool Hand Luke on later that evening, but with a 9:30 start I knew I'd never make to the end without falling asleep in the recliner, so I didn't even get started on it.

Doing breakfast and running around some with Cuzzin Ricky this morning and hitting the gym this evening. Maybe get out to the shop in between those. Another cold day being forecast for the day. Not real conducive to spending time in the shop after the beautiful days we've had lately. But since I'm a one-man band, it's up to me to get things done around here. 

No comments: