Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Still Chilly

 


I was planning on going for a bike ride Sunday morning but cold and threatening rain. The movie Monte Walsh was on TV, so I decided to watch that and read the paper instead. Tom Selleck is one of my favorite actors and Monte Walsh is probably my favorite cowboy movie. 

After the movie, I drug my lazy ass out to the shop and cut out the piece for the throttle cable set-up. Using the bell crank will get the cable to pull rather than push, and it will lift it up away from the heat of the header. I could have mounted the carb with the float bowl facing forward but then the fuel inlet would have been sticking out over the header, rather than being tucked in next to the valve cover. 

After I cut the piece out and filed it down, I put some lay-out dye on it thinking I would mow the front yard and then come back to start on the bell crank and lay out some relief cuts on the bracket to spiff it up a bit. However, after mowing in the 42 degree temps, I decided a cup of hot chocolate and a fire would be much nicer. 


Cherry blossoms - the photo's a little fuzzy because I took it while mowing and the camera was confused as to what should be in focus. The tree is one I planted from a seed I brought back from my bicycle trip from Portland to Missoula. This is the first time it looks like it could bear fruit and then it got cold Sunday night. I hope that won't prevent it from developing fruit.

Not much on the calendar this week, so I should be able to get out in the shop and get some progress made. 

No comments: