Thursday, April 13, 2023

Plate Salvage


Another lovely day yesterday - temperatures made it up into the eighties with lots of sunshine. I put six miles on the push bike, along with six the day before. Then rode the Himalayan up town for my Medicare wellness check. The nurse was impressed with my diet and exercise program. Hopefully it will continue to pay dividends for me. Actually, the anniversary of my heart attack was just a couple of days ago. Eleven years and still kickin'.

I rode the bike up to the tax lady's house to pick up my finished taxes. Rather windy, but a great day to be out on a motor bike. Came home and took care of a couple of chores then headed out to the shop. The plate in the photo was welded to an aluminum frame. I drug this home from the high school when I retired. It was part of a project that a kid abandoned at the end of the school year and I figured I could use the 1/4" plate for something. Eleven years later, I'm going to use it for the throttle and choke cable bracket. That's why I never throw anything away. Of course, that's going to create a problem when I'm dead and gone. There's a lot of odds and ends laying around the place.

I've got some things to do this morning and then off to the Gloves later in the day. Two fighters on the card tonight. Wins tonight mean they fight in the finals next week. Here's hoping.

No comments: