Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Welding Month


April is National Welding Month. You'd be hard pressed to go through your day without coming into contact with something that has been welded. There's been a lot of progress in the trade since the days of forge welding - been a lot of changes in the 50 plus years I've been involved in it and there are always new developments coming along. It's a good time for a young man or woman to get into the trade. Lots of opportunities, lots of different job titles to consider. Literally, something for everyone in the welding field. Also, a good skill to have when things go sideways, which they are sure to do in the near future.


After my doctor's appointment, I stopped at the auto parts store and picked up the studs for the carb adaptor plate. The lock nuts and the SAE washers I had in inventory. I got started on boring the angled holes in the plate - one hole is done, the other side has a good start on it. I should finish boring it out today. Making progress, even if it is a bit slow. 

No comments: