Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Welding Lesson Progress


The grandson was here for another welding lesson. This time I had him switch to E-7018 rods. He's still a little erratic, but he's definitely catching on. That's one layer only. The plan was to get another layer on but he was getting cold - temps in the mid forties and a little breezy while the sun was starting to set. It'll warm up one of these days. They're still calling for freezing temperatures at night, however. 

I worked on a prototype for the bell crank on the carb while the grandson was welding. It's slow going making one-off pieces for everything needed, but I knew the job was dangerous when I took it. I'm still squeezing in some yardwork, exercise and household chores at the same time. I'd find it all a bit more enjoyable if it would warm up, though.
 

No comments: