Sunday, April 9, 2023

Town Without Pity

 


I was listening to Pete Fountain in the truck the other day and this one came on and it reminded me of the Gene Pitney tune. If you listen to both of them, I'm sure you'll hear what I'm talking about. And if not, two good tunes just the same.


Beautiful spring weekend. I went to the gym Saturday morning, later in the day walked four miles. Good start on my springtime shape-up program. Surly and his family came down for Easter dinner. Lovely visit. 


Later in the afternoon I went out to the shop and made up a pattern that I think will work to hook up the throttle and choke cable. I'll make up a bell crank for the throttle, and a clamp for the choke cable and I should be in business. The carb has a ball on the throttle linkage. I'm going to check with the parts store and see if they have the piece to fit the carb, then I can make a short link to connect to the bell crank. I checked the Speedway Motors catalog and they have one, but the shipping would probably be as much as the part. Regardless, it's not something I have to make, so that should speed up the process a bit.

I've got some more running around to do this week - a couple of doctor's visits, lumberyard and the typical things required to keep a household operational. Need to get a start on the garden as well. The rhubarb is up and the asparagus should be close behind. If Menards has tomatoes and pepper plants in their garden center, I'll pick them up when I'm up that way. I'm signed up for the CSA again, so I don't really need a big garden but they don't do much with melons, so I'm planning on planting a couple of hills of both watermelons and cantaloupes. Should be a good week for working and playing outside

No comments: