Saturday, April 1, 2023

Mish-Mash

 


It was close to 60 degrees yesterday morning at 10:00. The day before it was 28. It warmed up to about 66 later on and then about 4:30 a big storm rolled through. But things are starting to bloom, so spring is definitely coming.


The wife's footstool had one end break off, so I made a new end, screwed it on and added a couple of metal angle brackets that I screwed to the ends and the stretcher. The paint doesn't match, but that's not an issue.


The regulator on the propane tank that I heat the shop with is supposed to be covered for outdoor service. I had a small plastic bucket covering it but it gave it up after a couple of seasons. 


New cover made from coffee cans. Metal coffee cans are in short supply around here since we started using the K cups. The big can was a donation from Cuzzin Ricky, but the only small ones I had were plastic or tin lined fiber. I swapped out the contents of the old Maxwell House can with a plastic one and then did some cutting and riveting to make a cover that should last for a few years. If I get ambitious, I might even paint it. That would probably make it good for a lifetime.

I had another little job I was going to work on as well, but I didn't want to get caught out in the shop when the rain came in. Heading back to Indy today for a sparring session. The coach there was at the fights Thursday night and saw our guy. We want to get his take on the fight and see what he can add to improve our guy's performance. Hopefully, it will result in another state championship and a trip to the nationals again.

No comments: