Saturday, April 22, 2023

Bike Ride in the Country

 


I should probably request they play this one at my funeral, along with Roy Roger's Don't Fence Me In. 


Maybe wrap the ceremony up with this one - always been one of my favorites. 


I finished the lantern bracket  I started a couple weeks back. Not much of a job to take a couple of weeks, but par for the course around here. The Missus and I had a little mis-communication on the table for under the window, so I need to shorten it up. It won't be too much trouble. I should probably enlist the grandson to help me out. As long as he wants to weld, might as well do a bit of fabricating.

I was contacted by my old boss at the side gig. He's got a little job that needs some welding. I need to run over there and check it out. From what he said, there'll be a little repair work in addition to the welding. I figure if I need an extra set of hands I can have his son help me, since I gave him welding lessons when I worked there and he's currently employed as a welder. One more job that interrupts the flow on my jobs, but it's always been like that, it seems. 


Went for a bike ride yesterday morning. A little chilly but a good day to be out, just the same. I rode past this ditch like I have many times before, but never noticed the baby waterfall until yesterday. With all the rain we've had lately, I was able to hear the running water and I turned around to check it out. Right pretty little spot out in the country. 

The exercise program and the change in the diet have been having the desired results. Good reports from the doctors recently and I weighed in at only a couple of pounds over my old fighting weight after coming home from the bike ride. A couple more weeks I should be there - same as I weighed when I graduated high school and when I got married. Never thought I'd ever see that again. Maybe not a lean, mean, fighting machine, but not an old, out of shape, fat guy. I'll settle for that.

No comments: