Thursday, April 27, 2023

Carb Hook-Up


Since the grandson is working towards becoming a pipefitter, I'm setting him up with his own welding gear, a few layout tools and a tool bag. If I remember correctly, he said the fitter's have a list of tools needed to get started. I'll have him bring it down or show me where I can find it and get all the rest of what he will need. I know he's got some tools but it'll be nice to have all his welding gear together to keep in the trunk of his car or here with me for his lessons. Even if the pipefitter job doesn't work out, these tools will come in handy regardless.


I did some yardwork yesterday and puttered around a bit in the shop. The arm for the throttle needs to be longer on the top side. The pedal moves the cable about 2" and the throttle arm on the carb only needs about 1-1/2". The throttle pedal has an adjustable stop, but a longer throw would work better. I'm going to make a piece of flat stock with a bunch of holes in it and see what works best and then make the final piece. I still need to figure out the hook-up for the cable. I want something that has a bit of adjustment. One piece at a time.

The weather is supposed to be nice today. I want to do some more yardwork and maybe a little racewalking. I'm going to do a 5K Saturday morning and I haven't done any fast walking at all. I was supposed to do the boxing clinic on Saturday so I haven't been training, but it's been postponed. I've been getting out on the bike putting in some miles, so that'll have to do.
 

No comments: