Sunday, April 30, 2023

Running Again!


I made a piece for the carb hook-up the other day to sort out the lengths from the center pivot. I'll make one of the proper length now. The bottom hole as positioned, and the second hole from the top should do it. 

I did the 5K yesterday. They didn't have a walking category so I didn't do well. I did do some running, however. I have an Everlast waist trimmer that I wear up under my armpits to keep my chest from acting up at the gym. My chest normally doesn't bother me when I do the race walking but does hurt after running. I decided to put that on for the event yesterday and try a little running. It was a pretty hilly course, so I ran on the down hills, and walked briskly on the rest of the course. Surprisingly enough, no pains from the chest later on, even though I bounced around on the mower after getting home. I did keep the "girdle" on when mowing. Might be on to something here. 

This was the 42nd running of this event, by the way. I did the first and the third when it was a 10.5 mile run, plus a few of the 5K length over the years. There were 700 runners that finished the event yesterday and we all got a new long sleeve shirt, not that I need another tee shirt. My running buddy, Coach Jen, finished about ten minutes ahead of me, which was impressive, since she hadn't been running this spring. Her performance wasn't as impressive as the overall winner. That young man finished in just a tick over 15 minutes - 4.57 minute pace on a hilly course.

My email account has an issue and I can't log in. I'm pretty sure it's on their end rather than mine. Because of that I can't transfer the photos on my phone to the blog. If it looks like that's going to be a thing for a couple of days, I'll have to get out the little digital camera I use to use. Since it uses a SD card, I can load photos directly into the computer rather than emailing them to my account and downloading them to the computer. I imagine there's a way to by-pass that step, but I've never had to worry about it before. Therefore, I might not be posting any project photos for a couple of days.

No comments: