Sunday, August 9, 2020

Frame Progress



These were at The Daily Timewaster. This is the Maserati that won the Indy 500 in 1939 and 1940 - beautiful automobile. I'm going to have to make an engine turned dash like that for my project. Maybe get a dash plaque that says Automobili Jitney or maybe not. Also, that's the type of exhaust I'm shooting for. Not the most efficient design perhaps but that's the way it was done back then.



I did make some progress on the project. The tube that goes under the frame rail is all set to weld in place. I welded nuts inside it to bolt the splice plate to and I welded in a piece of flat bar inside it on the opposite side to strengthen it, since that's going to be the side where the frame rail needs to be opened up. The next step is to machine some pieces to weld into the frame rail, then I can cut the section out of the frame rail and hope all my calculations were correct.

No comments: