Sunday, August 30, 2020

Great Day To Be Alive

 


Beautiful day yesterday. The temperature was just about perfect for whatever you wanted to do outside. I delivered the windmill to my sister-in-law and then went to Surly's while I was close by. He showed me a job he was fishing around for me to maybe take care of for him. I need to do a bit of research but I think I could take care of it without too much trouble. 

When I came home I made a blank-off plate for the fuel pump on the slant-six. I've been waiting to order an electric pump because the remote oil filter I want wasn't available and I didn't want to place two orders with two shipping charges. I'm not in need of either of the items right now but I want to have them here for when I do. I need to think about a fuel tank also. Make a tank, buy a fuel cell or go whole hog and buy a old school Moon tank. I'll need to make provision for a battery box as well. I really haven't given any thought to anything behind the cockpit area but I need to do that so I can tap some holes or make inserts when I take the rails apart to make clearance for the distributor. 


1/4" aluminum. I'll get some decent hardware - maybe some stainless button head screws with SAE flat washers. I've got a shopping list for the hardware that I'm adding to as I go. When I finally get around to putting the engine together I'll place the order and hopefully I'll have everything in house I'll need.


Since it was so nice out, I did some mowing and painted the trim I installed recently around the AC unit. Next up will be painting the window trim. Trim painting is a never ending job. I just keep working my way around the house. I'll paint a few windows this year and a few more next year. By the time I finish everything it's time to start the process over again. I need to touch up some spots on the siding as well. I need another gallon of paint but what I've got came from Sears and I don't think that's an option anymore. The can I've got has a sticker on the lid with the recipe on it. I'm hoping ACE can match it. I also need to paint the north side of my shop this year. I'm going to have to get on this before too much longer. It'll be too cold to paint in a couple of months.

Going out on the bike this morning and doing some walking later in the day with a group from the boxing club. My wisdom tooth is coming out on Monday, so I'll be able to rest my legs while nursing the sore jaw. Not looking forward to having the tooth pulled but it's been causing me some discomfort. Definitely time to go.

The weather's supposed to be more in line with normal temps this upcoming week. Between the hot days and the wisdom tooth induced headaches, I haven't been too ambitious. Be nice to get back out in the shop. 

No comments: