Monday, August 17, 2020

Girl of my Dreams

 

Saw this one here. Mid-fifties farm truck that would be an ideal fixer upper - not that I need another project but the Honda Rebel that came my way recently will be moving along soon. That's a good thing. I'm going to be working on an oil tank this week and finishing up the replacement trim around the air conditioner that pokes through the wall in the laundry room. I got the pieces made and installed yesterday. I'll get things caulked and painted today.

I've been toying with the idea of buying a Predator engine from Harbor Freight for a scooter the boys built at the high school years ago. Surly took it to his house and played around with it but the engine has some issues as a result of the alcohol laced gasoline. The tank took on water from the atmosphere apparently and rusted the bottom of the tank below the fuel level. Not rust above the fuel level like you would expect. There is also an issue with the carb but I'm not sure what that is. With the 20% off coupon from Harbor Freight I can put a new 3 horse motor on there for $100.00 and be done with it. Get it operational and let the boys ride it or sell it off. 

I got out on the bicycle yesterday and put in 6 miles, the first 2 of which were into a pretty strong headwind. Legs were burning a little but after changing direction had a nice tailwind on the way home. Legs were fine the rest of the day so I think I'll sign up for the Hospice Hustle and shoot for about a 20-25 mile ride on my birthday. It's for a good cause - two actually. The hospice organization and my own good health. This will at least keep the year from being a total washout on athletic events. It's not much but it's a symbolic victory at least.

Have a good week and stay safe.

No comments: