Friday, August 14, 2020

Politics

 

If you surveyed the looters and rioters that have been busy breaking out the $25,000 plate glass windows on the Magnificent Mile, I'd be willing to bet you wouldn't find too many builders among them. I saw a couple of rent numbers for businesses that were affected by the looters and I wonder how they can turn a profit if business is booming. Might not be worth staying if things don't improve soon. I'm sure tourists won't be eager to visit high-end businesses with plywood on the windows. 

Between the riots and the Covid, I've about had all I can stand of watching the nightly news. Now the political crap will be shifting into high gear until the November election, at which time, depending on who wins the presidential election, more riots may ensue. I saw the other day the Libertarian presidential candidate, Jo Jorgensen, had to cancel out an appearance due to getting bit by a rabid bat - so very 2020. She'll probably get my vote. I firmly believe there needs to be a viable third party option, especially since both parties seem to be bound and determined to bankrupt the country. 

It appears I won't be working at the side hustle again, at least for a while. My students are busy after school now with work and athletics, so I should be able to get a bit more done around the shack and in the shop but in spite of my good intentions the odds of that happening aren't all that good. Regardless, things are pretty good around here now, so I'll just try to enjoy life and tune out all the political and cooties crap.

No comments: