Thursday, July 9, 2020

Everyday People



I got the family history back from the printer yesterday. I'm happy with the way it came out but if I were to do it again I did find one thing I could have done better.  However, it's done and I'm glad it's wrapped up.

The choice of the song to accompany this post is a natural. Most everyone named in the book are/were everyday people. I had the good fortune to meet most of my relatives from my parent's generation and their parent's generation as well. All good, solid people. Not many college degrees, a few tradesmen and small farmers. Most of the women were homemakers, as you would expect from the older generation, but they would have been doing the laundry, cooking and canning without air conditioning or central heat. Maybe without electricity even - my one grandmother was born in 1898. The other one was raised by a former slave after her mother passed. So with only a couple of exceptions, no bankers, lawyers or doctors. Just everyday people but I'm proud of where I've come from and at least I've done my part to see that they won't be forgotten.

No comments: