Friday, July 3, 2020

Bikes and Stamps


I've got a little more bicycle work to do. The Missus borrowed a trike to get some exercise. I got out her old bike about a week ago, aired up the tires, oiled the chain, cleaned it up and then took a couple laps around the barn for a shake down cruise. Everything was all ready but the Missus. She's had some issues with falling down so she figured three wheels would be better. I've got no problem with that. If she's going to get some exercise, I'm all in. I'll get the trike ready to go today and she can try it out. If she's comfortable with it. we'll see about getting one of her own.


I need to make a couple of gussets for the spring perch on the jitney/track racer project. I had to get a piece of stock since I didn't have any 3/16" in house. The pattern on the lower left is made from the back-up material that comes with a sheet of stamps. It's just the ticket for making patterns. It cuts to a nice edge and bends along a line if need be. And it's free. Beats regular cardboard by a long shot. So if you're buying stamps, get the sheets with the pattern board. If you don't need the stuff, save it for your favorite handyman/fabricator.

No comments: