Thursday, July 23, 2020

Cowboy Tunes +



I came in from the shop the other day and caught the tail end of a movie the Missus was watching. There was some music playing while the credits were rolling - wasn't this song but it reminded me of it. I saw these guys in person one time. They put on a pretty entertaining show. There's just not enough cowboy music being played these days. Or enough people living by the old "Cowboy Code". There were 15 people shot at a funeral the other day in Chicago and my running buddy was called out to work security at a local funeral. 2020 just keeps getting stranger.

The tree trimmers were here yesterday - took down three and trimmed up a couple others for me. Mr. Trump's stimulus money put to good use. At least I think so. While the tree guys were here I spent some time in the shop working on parts for the side hustle. I'll finish those up and get them delivered today. 

I saw where Briggs & Stratten has filed for bankruptcy. They've been in business for over 100 years. I read a little bit of the details - shift to battery operated lawn equipment, competition from China and it appears, some serious mis-management.  

Blogger has a new format. Doesn't seem to be different enough for them to have bothered changing but tech people can't leave things alone it seems. When I feel like farting around with it, I'll see what if anything the new features have to offer.


Rex Allen - "The Arizona Cowboy". Much of his .work was a little before my time or when I was just a pup but this is one of my favorite Cowboy tunes. It's been recorded by countless number of artists in a couple different forms but you don't hear much Rex Allen, so give him a listen.


Cattle Call by Eddy Arnold - I actually have this album. This too has been recorded by lots of artists over the years but this has to be the best version. Enjoy.

No comments: