Friday, July 31, 2020

Friday


It's time to take the weed infestation of the yard seriously. I bought this little pull behind sprayer to go on the offensive even though I really hate to start spraying chemicals on the yard for a couple of reasons. First is the fact that we get our water from a well and drinking chemically tainted water can't be healthy. Secondly, the Missus has already had cancer so we don't need anything else that might contribute to her health issues. We use bottled water for all of our drinking and cooking needs, so the ingestion of the well water is kept to a minimum and the well draws from a good supply that's down a ways. Hopefully a couple of applications of weed killer will be enough to get the yard started on the road to recovery without much damage to the environment or our health.

Not much else going on. The weather is improving - forecast temperatures are a bit lower than average for the next five days. That'll be nice. I'm in a bit of a quandary about going for my stock car drive. The virus numbers are still way up with no real sign of easing anytime soon. I don't know how well they can decontaminate a race car between drives and I don't want to wear a helmet or driving suit that some one else has just used. I've got my own helmet but I don't know if that's allowed. I'm going to call them with my concerns and see what can be done. I'd really like to take 10 laps around a race track in a late model dirt car but I'm not sure it's worth the risk.

I was thinking about this yesterday and was in a bit of a funk over the whole affair. I need to pick a date somewhere in the future and just figure this crap is going to be going until New Years Day or Presidents Day or Memorial Day and just resign myself to the fact it's going to be like this until that day and get on with life as it now is. Stay away from the television news and much of the crap on the internet, especially social media. Since the library is open again I picked up a couple of books the other day. I haven't been reading much of late nor have I been working out like I should. I need to either get back to my old routine or come up with a decent replacement routine. And then just hunker down and have someone call me when it's safe to leave the house again.

No comments: