Saturday, July 4, 2020

Independence Day


Something to think about on this the anniversary of our declaring our independence. My politics is along the Libertarian line - less government is best government. Follow the Constitution and everything will be Jake. Especially if you keep your hand out of my pocket. We'll see what comes out of the next revolution since it looks like it's already started.

I got the tricycle cleaned up and ready to go yesterday along with a trip to the bank and the post office. Did some more yard work and cut out the gussets for the spring perch. A guy stopped by to give me a quote on some tree work. I've got a couple of pines that are dead and a big elm hanging over the barn that needs to be trimmed back. He shot me a real good price but he's busy right at the moment. Says he'll work me in.

I'll finish up the gussets and get those tacked on today and tackle the chainless bicycle unless something else pops up. That'll be about it for Independence Day around here but realistically, every day's a holiday here at the shack.

Stay safe.

No comments: