Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Marestail



I sent the pictures of the offending weeds to my brother to identify for me. He got back to me rather quickly with their identity, life cycle, interesting facts, and how to deal with them. Each plant if allowed to go to seed will produce something on the order of 200,000 seeds. After seeing the field behind me last year covered in weeds, it's no wonder I've got a bunch of them this year. It's rare that I have a question to throw at my brother with my little hobby farm operation but it's always good to have an ace in the hole when you need one. The dude knows agriculture like I know welding - maybe even more. Probably, in fact. Thanks Dave!

I ventured out of the house yesterday morning to the print shop to see about getting my family history printed up. We discussed a few details, he shot me a price and I went home to reprint a couple of pages that had some margin notes and delivered the final product later in the day. They should be done next week at the latest. I'm not in any real hurry, I just want to get them finished. I started collecting info back in the seventies. The Missus and I traveled to Kentucky for some of the research and Cuzzin Ricky and I visited quite a few cemeteries. Ancestry.com has made things much easier with all of their holdings, especially if others pursuing the same family lines share their work. I wish the cooties would clear up. Cuzzin Rick and I could have ourselves a right fine road trip or two distributing copies to the relatives. I'll have to work on that part of it but at least they'll be done.

No comments: