Friday, July 24, 2020

Summertime Blues



The state of Indiana is mandating the wearing of masks when you're out in public starting Monday. There are some exceptions for young people and other rules but basically if you go into a store or you're in school, you'll be required to mask up. The libertarian in me doesn't agree but the practical me knows that getting people to act in a responsible matter isn't going to happen on its own. It seems rather ironic to me that the crazies fly airplanes into buildings and kill 3000 people and we all wave the flags and become patriots over night. If they sold the pandemic as a terrorist attack by the Chinese, maybe people would don their masks, quit their bitchin' and direct their hostility towards the Commies. However, the Wuhan flu name was quickly replaced by Covid -19 because "feels" or something.


Pile O' Parts. Two different sizes, lefts and rights, 304 stainless. Not too difficult to make but the stainless is hard on my shear blades. I've got some other parts on deck that I plasma cut last time I had that out. Maybe finish those up next week - be nice to keep a bit of money trickling in. I need to get a distributor for the slant-six to check on the frame clearance. One of these days I'm going to have to bite the bullet and take some money out of the bank. With the way things are going I doubt if I'll ever go back to work. I was planning on dragging up Labor Day weekend anyway. Time to embrace the new normal.


No comments: