Sunday, April 18, 2021

America Needs You, Harry Truman

 


America truly does need Harry Truman once again. While Harry was president when I was born, Ike was the first president I remember from my youth. I did read a book about the trip Harry and Bess took after they left the White House. The two of them traveled across the country on their own - no Secret Service - seeing the sights and stopping in little diners and restaurants along the way. Good book from a definitely different time. 

No progress on the Rickati or the jitney the last two days but I got some things checked off the list around the shack. I also got out on the bicycle yesterday morning. The temperature was only about 45 but not much of a wind. I got in nine miles, so I'm getting my legs back. I'm planning on walking with the group later today then back on the projects come Monday.

No comments: