Thursday, April 8, 2021

Have a Seat

 



The seat's done on the Rickati project. Same day service, too. The guy asked me if I wanted some pleats and I said sure. Real happy with the finished product and price. I want to shorten up the pan on the SR500 seat and then take that one to him also. I won't be needing the seat for quite a while but since the guy is within walking distance and nothing gets cheaper over time (remember the $7.69 2x4s?), might as well get it it done. The rear fender is sitting on a block of wood rather than the final position. I wanted to see how the seat was going to look.

I finished altering the exhaust pipe yesterday as well. I had to buy a can of VHT paint. That shot a twelve dollar bill in the ass. It's a good thing the inflation rate is only 2% - at least according to the feds. I painted the pipe last evening so it should be dry enough to put back on the bike today. I'm going to have to make a new bracket for the muffler. I want to finish that today.

I'm going to move the foot pegs forward and outward. After I get that done I can figure out my brake pedal. I won't be able to complete the brake until I get the back wheel under it that I'm going to use. There's really not that much left to do now - and as Martha says: "That's a good thing."

No comments: