Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Springtime

 


Beautiful day yesterday. Unseasonably warm, cloudy at times but it finished strong with a nice clear sunset. The photo above is the magnolia right outside of the big shop doors. Nice view when I'm out there working.


A close up of a blossom. This is on the tree by my back door. Lovely blossoms and a nice subtle fragrance that you can detect when you walk by the tree. This tree didn't get hurt too much by the frost but it lost quite a few buds from the gusty winds a week or so back.


Daffodils are blooming as well. These popped up after the frost so they're at their prime. I snapped the photo late afternoon so nice warm colors. I dug up a bunch of gladiola bulbs last fall, now that the danger of frost should be gone I'll get those planted soon.


I had to move the two rear holes on the seat base for the Rickati project. I got that done and then put a coat of spar varnish on it. I'll put a second coat on it today and then get it over to the upholstery guy.

I got the lawn mower started yesterday, just to check it out. I'll have to mow real soon - I might do the front yard today, in fact. I sharpened the spare blades yesterday. I usually mow the yard once and after I've hit all the rocks and sticks, I put the sharp blades on. 

I also sharpened my pocket knife and a couple of kitchen knives, worked on the Rickati exhaust pipe, rode the bicycle, put in a couple of rounds on the heavy bag, and got a text from the part-time gig about some welding work to do. Nice productive day. Today should be a dandy as well.


No comments: