Monday, April 12, 2021

Footpeg Relocation

 



I got the footpegs moved forward 1-1/2" and out an inch on each side. That should work as well as any place is going to. I should have taken a picture of how I did it before I put the bike back on the stand. It worked out pretty slick with only a minimum amount of head scratching.

I had to trim some off the 2x4s on the stand to clear the new peg mount. Not a big deal but I had to take the bike back off the stand and take a second cut. The bare frame with the motor is about all my old back can handle any more. When I got the frame nestled back in on the stand, I started re-assembling things. The reasoning here is to make sure I have all the proper hardware and to start drilling things for safety wire where needed. 

I'm going to take another look at the rear wheel that was under it. It's from the original Rickman frame and has a couple of issues but I might be able to press it into service. It has a 56 tooth sprocket for a #50 series chain. I'll take the side cover off and see what's what with the countershaft sprocket and if I can fit a #50 series counter shaft sprocket in there. There's a place I found that will make most any sprocket you might need for a motorcycle application - or so they say, I've never done any business with them. An old shop teacher has another way to skin that cat also. I made a couple of offset sprockets for dragbikes back in the day utilizing a bit of machine work and some welding. That might be my ace in the hole. 

In addition to the rear wheel, I need to order up some shocks and fab a brake pedal. That should be about all except welding, clean-up and paint. Getting there.  

No comments: