Friday, April 16, 2021

Bearing Spacer

 


Picked up my bearings and an assortment of tips for my snap ring pliers. I thought between the four different types of snap ring pliers and the various tips, I would have just about anything I would ever need. And I did. Just about, but not the one size I needed for this job. If you're looking for tools, it's going to be a nice auction when I go. 


I finished the spacer and installed the new Chinese bearings in the hub. I had to cut back a relief on the sprocket side to clear the snap ring. Looks pretty sexy even though it will probably never see the light of day again.

I ordered a chain for it and I might run down to my local bike shop to see about getting a tire. The owner of the bike shop helped me out quite a bit when I was doing the high mileage car at the high school, so I don't mind spending some money with him.

I haven't heard back about the shocks or the sprockets yet. Looks like I'm going to have to spend some time on the phone or find different vendors.

No comments: