Thursday, May 13, 2021

Barn Door, Brake Shoes, Boxing, and Stock Cars

 


I fastened the guide roller back on the barn - seemed pretty solid. However, the same couldn't be said for the bottom of the door. The square splice plate in the lower corner of the photo was hanging on by only one screw so it wasn't doing any good. I made up the corner brace from some scrap angle and screwed it on. After that, I moved the splice plate to where I could get some screws in some solid wood. When I went to the hardware store for the the screws to fasten the guide roller back on, I picked up a gate latch to secure that end of the door like the other end has - should be good for a while now.


I called the outfit about relining the rear brakes for the Rickati yesterday. The man said no problem, just box the shoes up along with my contact info and he'll call when they are done. There's usually a 2-3 day turn around time. I picked up a small flat rate box from the post office yesterday, cleaned up the shoes and they'll be in the mail today.

I also got in touch with the folks from the Kenny Wallace Dirt Racing Experience. I signed up to drive a late model stock car two years ago and got rained out. I tried again last year but bailed out due to the cooties. Hopefully, the third time is the charm.

Looks like the Golden Gloves has been cancelled again. I was looking forward to going, even if it was a little risky from a health standpoint. Rats!

No comments: