Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Shiner Time

 


Interesting shiner. I've had my share of them over the years but this is the first time I can remember having my eyelid turn purple. Maybe because I don't get them now like I did when I was younger. The cut is from landing on my safety glasses. Even though they cut me, they may have offered enough cushion to prevent me from getting knocked out. CTE anyone?


Here's a more typical one I got from one of the fundraisers at the gym - Oct 2009. Back in the seventies when I was boxing I was sporting a black eye or a flat lip, or both, almost on a weekly basis. 

The bone over the eye is still sore to the touch and my shoulder and rib cage still have some muscle soreness but another day or two and I'll be back to just having all the usual aches and pains like most other old guys do.

I spent the majority of the day yesterday performing chauffer duties. Cuzzin Ricky had to go back to the eye surgeon after getting his second cataract taken care of. And we stopped for breakfast again - just like a couple of retired guys would normally do. 

I took the Missus for her second Covid shot later in the day. I hope this works out OK for the old girl. I've read enough to have some serious concerns about the shot - especially someone like her with previous medical issues.

How about we finish on a positive note with a beautiful version of Kentucky Rain, even though it's not really all that happy of a song. I heard this on a station from Galway, Scotland. 



Stay safe, and as my old friend Dobak used to say, save your money!

2 comments:

Kevin Kaluf said...

How's the Missus feeling the morning after the 2nd shot?

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Her arm was a little sore and warm at the injection site but no other effects so far. Hope that's the extent of it. She's been through plenty already.