Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Living On The Edge(R)

 



I got a phone call from Cuzzin Ricky yesterday morning. He had a ride lined up to take him to the eye surgeon for the next day check-up after his cataract surgery but it was going to be tough for them to work it in to the time frame so I became his back-up man. Not a problem but I wanted to finish the edger job before I had to pick him up. I'm glad I had it almost done Monday evening - only took me about 30 minutes to finish the machine work and bolt everything back together. I like doing these types of jobs - one of a kind, requires some thinking, I can finish them in a short time frame, and then move on to something else. 

We stopped at a place that serves breakfast all day on the way home. Veggie omelet, fried potatoes and toast and a nice bullsh*t session, even though we do plenty of that while driving anyway. Both of us agree one of the worst parts of the cooties has been cancelling out our breakfast get togethers. Our favorite restaurant closed up, so we need to find another local place to go now that things are starting to open up.

I piddled around with a few household chores after I got home and ended the day with the guide roller for one of the barn doors.

The roller pulled loose from the barn the other day when the wind was gusting hard. The bracket has four holes but the wood behind the bottom two holes is rotten so I figured I'll drill and countersink a couple of new holes a little higher up on the bracket. In order to reach the holes with the countersink bit I had to take the roller off of the bracket. I figured that was going to be a bit of a hassle but PB Blaster once again comes to the rescue. I need to make a hardware run today to get some #12 screws to put it back together but it's a pleasant relief from grinding the 50 remaining pieces to finish up the other job I've been working on. I do plan on grinding a few more today.

No comments: