Monday, May 17, 2021

And Down I Went

 


I got up yesterday and it was finally a pretty nice morning - weather like it should be for this time of year. The odometer on the bike was right at 390 miles, so I figured that called for a 10 mile ride to get the mileage up to an even 400. Worked out just about perfectly as you can see. 


I got the remainder of the veggies and flowers planted and put the pump back on the stand pipe. It always takes a little bit of farting around to get it to start pulling water - prime and pump while the leather cup swells enough to seal. It's primarily for the garden and the chickens but I keep a cup in the shop and will get myself a drink once in a while. It's good tasting water and, of course, nice and cool straight out of the ground.

I ground a few more parts and then went to do my walkies. We were just finishing our fourth lap and I kicked it in to race walking mode. Things were going well until I hit a buckled spot on the blacktop and down I went. I thought I could catch myself but when I realized that wasn't going to happen, I tried rolling with it. Wasn't quite quick enough but avoided a total face plant. I landed on my shoulder, arm, hip and the side of my face. I got a nice gash and bump by the corner of my eye, some other scrapes and bruises but no serious damage. I should have a nice shiner in a couple of days. Lousy way to end an otherwise beautiful spring day.



No comments: