Monday, May 10, 2021

Free The People & Buy More Parts

 



Free The People - that's a tune we'll all be singing one of these days, I would imagine. One of the nice things about the internet is the availability of really good music regardless of your taste. 

I took the day off yesterday. The weather was terrible - cold, rainy and windy most of the day. We must have gotten about three inches of rain judging by the standing water in the field out front. I made a couple of loaves of rhubarb bread but that was about the extent of anything remotely physical in nature. I need to make a couple more loaves to throw in the freezer - rhubarb bread in the spring, persimmon bread in the fall.

Surly and his group stopped by to wish the Missus a happy Mother's Day. I think it was the first time all of them have been in the house at the same time in over a year. The Missus is scheduled to get her second shot soon. Hopefully that will eliminate some of the worry of getting together with the family. I might be going to the Golden Gloves one night this year to cover for Jimmy. He's got an end of the year school function so I'll go down to wrap hands and help work a corner. I don't know what the protocol will be there but I'm willing to risk a night out at this point.

I got a new Speedway catalog in the mail the other day. I'm thinking I need to start ordering a few of the high dollar parts for the jitney project before the price goes up and I get hit with a big bill all at once.  



Rocket Racing Igniter wheels and Firestone ribbed tires for the front in 16 inch. Dirt Diamond rears in either 16 or18 inch size. I'll have to see how things look as I get the front end underneath it and then I can set the stance. Tires, wheels and the rear end are going to be the big money items, especially if I go with a quick change rear. 

At the present time, however, I've got to finish grinding all the pieces for the side hustle, tackle the aluminum job for a boat grill and a canopy bracket and TVI is coming by to show me a job for his Harley he's working on now that he's retired. Also it's mowing and gardening busy season and I need to stick to my bicycle training. It's just a good thing I'm not wasting a lot of time traveling to the races like I used to do or I'd never have time for all this stuff!

No comments: