Friday, May 21, 2021

Sliders


No not White Castle - chain sliders for the Rickati project. I'm planning on bolting one of these on to prevent the chain from digging into the swingarm. I should be hearing from the guy with the brake shoes real soon. When I get those back I'll take the rear wheel back off, install the brake parts and tack weld whatever I need onto the swingarm to bolt the slider on.


As per a comment after I posted making the kickstand plate for the Himalayan (thanks Bevin), I got a coiled lanyard to attach to it. I just drilled a hole in the plate which will allow the ring on the end of the lanyard to get squashed when put to use so I'm planning on drilling a second hole and making a loop I can stick down in the holes and plug weld in place. Yesterday just wasn't the day.

Yesterday was the day I finished up the job for the side hustle. That'll give me a nice little pay day. Next up is the aluminum job making the boat things. And I've got another aluminum job on tap now as well. The septic tank guy was here the other day and he's got a job for me on the big poop truck. If it was for anyone else I'd have said no, in fact, not only no but hell no. I'm dreading this one a bit, but as they say, and this time it will definitely be true, you knew the job was dangerous when you took it. 

The black eye has reached its full glory now. The eye lid has turned all purple and it extends all the way to the tear duct and slightly below. The bone around the eye is still sore to the touch but everything else is just showing my regular 70 years of wear and tear. I haven't been on the bike all week but it's time to get back to that but it looks like we might be getting rain on and off for about five days. We'll see. 

 

2 comments:

Surly said...

Put a bend line at 45° below the hole and bend the corner up until the ring clears. It'll probably still be below the u-shaped round. Also, maybe you need a mountain bike full face helmet. I'm glad you're more or less okay.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I should have thought of that first. I was working on finishing up another job and drilled the hole in there mostly just to keep the two pieces together without giving the job any thought. I'll take your suggestion and do that today.

As for the tumble - no big deal. Just a reminder that I should be more careful.