Sunday, May 2, 2021

Pegs

 



I got the pegs welded to the mounting studs yesterday and did some preliminary thinking on making a brake pedal. I've got a couple of options - use a cable from the left side to the right or run a crossover shaft. I did that on my Sprint racer and the original Rickman Zundapp had a similar set-up.


It's a little tough to see in the photo but this is an original Rickman Zundapp with the shifter and the chain on the left, the brake pedal on the right. Right now everything on my bike is exactly opposite. I could easily move the brake to the right side and the shifter to the left as standardized in the US in 73 or 74. I'm leaning towards doing that since I've got a tube running across from side to side behind the footpegs that would facilitate that. I could get the "one down the rest up" shift pattern that way as well. This is going to require a bit more think time. 


No comments: