Sunday, May 23, 2021

Lawn & Garden

 




It's been kind of a crazy spring, what with all the temperature swings, but it didn't seem to hurt any of the flowers or the lilac bushes. Or the weeds as far as that goes. I spent a couple hours on both Friday and Saturday doing yard work. The old place will never make the cover of House & Garden but it's starting to finally look like what I envisioned when I moved in. Of course that was something like 25 years ago but that's par for the course with me. I did notice lots of little peaches on the tree when I mowed the other day. 


I started on the aluminum job yesterday. I got all the pieces cut and both the left hand and right hand sides welded up. I'll join them together today and then start on the other piece I need to finish the job. I'm planning on getting out on the bike today and doing a bit more yard work as well. Maybe clean out the chicken coop if I get real ambitious.

While I was out in the shop I heard what I'm sure is another raccoon in the wall so I baited the trap and put it back up topside. I'll check it this morning and see if the trash panda likes Nine Lives cat food well enough to go in the trap. 

I started a subscription to The Epoch Times recently. The paper comes out once a week and it's like most of the old Sunday editions of the papers I used to read. It covers the headlines, opinion, lifestyle and health features. The news coverage and the editorials are very conservative but from what I've gathered after reading a few editions, the coverage is pretty far ranging. I'm pleased with what I've seen so far but I'll reserve judgement until I read it a while longer. It is nice to read the "news" like what most papers used to cover. 


No comments: