Friday, May 7, 2021

"I Think You're Wrong About That Sam"

 


Bobby Unser passed away last Sunday - a racer's racer. Midgets, sprints, champ cars, he drove them all and won with a bunch of them. Nice write-up by Robin Miller here. He mentions in the write up his "color commentary" at the 500 with Sam Posey. I remember a few of those - made for an even more interesting race.

I worked a few hours on the parts for the side hustle yesterday, about an hour of which was getting things set up. I normally have my band saw set in the vertical position so I had to remove the table, convert it back to horizontal and set up a stand to support the piece. I made a stop to clamp to my drill press vise so I wouldn't have to lay all the parts out individually when drilling the holes. I got about 80 pieces cut and 30 drilled, so I made a big dent in the job once I got rolling. I'll finish cutting the remainder of the pieces today and drill a bunch more holes. There's two more steps after that to finish the job. I'll have it wrapped up so I can drop them off Monday morning and get to work on the next customer job and back on my stuff.

I ordered some hardware for the sprocket on the Rickati as well as to replenish my supplies. I wanted to bolt the sprocket on with grade 8 bolts. Grade 5 probably would work but from the place I buy the bolts there's not much difference in price. I wanted to get some acorn nuts for the shock studs but they didn't have any in the pitch I needed. I'll keep my eyes open - might stumble across them some time.  

No comments: