Monday, September 20, 2021

Birthday, Bicycles and More


It's Sophia's birthday today. One of the classic beauties of my age - or any age I'd wager.

--------------------------------------------------



I've rung up another couple hundred miles on the bike since I accidently reset the odometer. I've got another three weeks to ride until the 50 miler. I'm plenty ready - just don't want to lose my fitness level at this point. I rode an easy seven yesterday morning and walked three later in the day. 

I was watching Jeopardy the other day and like always I wondered how my education had so many gaps in it that I can't answer many of the questions but then two of the categories that came up were boxing and motorcycles. All three of the smarty-pants contestants couldn't answer some of the questions but I could have run the table on those two categories. I guess that explains what I was doing when I could have been reading Shakespeare.

I spent a little time in the shop yesterday but mostly doing cleaning and organizing. I need things straightened up so I've got room to work around the bead roller to get started on the sheet metal on the cab. I've been thinking about hooking up the steering on the jitney. I need to consider a couple more things first but there may be some bevel gears in my future. 



Speedway Motors sells a thing called Steer Clear that would make hooking up the steering relatively easy. It comes in several lengths but it's also over $600.00. I'm going to see if I can devise something on my own that will accomplish the same thing but at a much lower cost. 

Meanwhile, I've got a couple more things to finish on the clean-up detail and then back on the jitney or Rickati. 

No comments: