Friday, September 17, 2021

Critique Of The Morning

 The Missus and I left the shack yesterday morning about 7:30 for her medical appointment. On the way I had the radio on but like most every week day morning drive-time, lots of talk but not much in the way of music. I'm not sure whose idea it was to replace the normal musical programming with talk that time of day, but when I get my own radio station there'll be some changes made. Mostly all music all day, with decent weather reports in the morning, including wind strength, so folks that commute on two wheels can make informed decisions on whether or not to ride or take the car. I want to listen to music not talk - that's what bar stools are for.

After dropping the Missus off for her procedure, I went to the Bob Evans restaurant just down the street for breakfast. I'm not much of a fan of the chain but when in Rome and all that. I think their food is over priced and the menu isn't really vegetarian friendly. They had a Southwestern Avocado Omelet on the menu, however, so I gave it a try. The avocado pieces were cold as was the shredded cheese on top of the omelet. A zap in the microwave to heat the avocado and melt the cheese would improve things. The $2.89 cup of coffee was good until I was finishing the cup and found some nasty schmutz stuck to the side of the cup near the bottom. They refunded the price of the coffee but that wasn't a lot of comfort after drinking it down to the level of the icky stuff.


However, after breakfast I went for a walk. The development has a nature preserve with paved walking paths that are either brick or an elevated boardwalk. I did a couple of 5K races there years ago and my running buddy and I walked around and took some black & white photos a couple of years back. Beautiful place to get out into nature and as you can see from the photo it was a good day for it.

----------------------------------------

Since the Missus had a couple of spinal injections, she was told not to do anything the remainder of the day. That being the case, I didn't get much of anything else done yesterday but be her full-time man servant. I did go out to the shop long enough to find the piece of stainless to make the shift lever for the jitney project. I also received a text from my boss at the side hustle. He's got a couple of jobs that he contacted me about earlier in the summer. One could be fun, one a pain in the ass. I'm going have to decide to either do them or just retire completely. In the mean time, I'll make a few car parts. 

Today's Constitution Day. It's a bloody shame the Constitution is being ignored by so many in power who have sworn to uphold it from all enemies foreign and domestic. I'm planning on taking Hillsdale College's online course on the Constitution this winter. I'm sure it will be well worth my time. It would probably be better if the members of Congress would take the course but I doubt even that would make much difference at this point.