Saturday, September 11, 2021

Propane Tank In The Gloaming

 


It was time for a new coat of paint on the propane tank. The top was just faded but the bottom needed to be scraped and brushed. The John Deere green looks pretty good in the early evening light.




I bolted up the drag link and the steering shaft coupler. The drag link completes everything on the front end ahead of the steering box except for the brake lines. I'm going to need some type of bracket to support the rubber brake hoses where they connect  to the steel lines. Now that everything else is in place I can figure that out.

The steering shaft needs to be welded into the coupler. It's a bit of a loose fit, so I'll have to figure out how to insure concentricity. Maybe some center punch marks on the shaft to tighten up the fit then put it in the lathe and check the run-out. I also need to make a bracket for the Heim joint that will support the steering shaft. The more I get done, seems the more there is to do. Progress just the same.

No comments: