Sunday, January 22, 2023

Alternator's Ready To Go


I made the alternator tensioning bracket yesterday - piece of cake. I cut the slotted part out on the bandsaw, smoothed up the sawn edge, drilled a mounting hole in a piece of flat bar, bent it to get the necessary offset, bolted both pieces on, marked the mating edges, cut the flat bar to length, and welded the pieces together. The only snag, such as it was, one of the screws holding the case halves together was sticking out a bit too far and keeping the new bracket from sitting flat against the alternator. It had a lock washer under the head, so I pulled the screw out of the case, removed the washer and it gave me just enough clearance. I'll get it blasted and painted on a day when I get the shop warmed up well.


I opened up the box of hardware to sort out the stuff for the trailer sides. I'll finish cutting the aluminum angle that goes on top of the plywood and then drill and countersink the holes for the mounting screws. I get that done, I can finish putting the sides on and call the project complete. 

Going to the gym this morning to work with some of the "competitive" fighters. Hopefully there'll be a better turnout than last time. It's past time for those boys to be taking their training seriously if they have any plans on actually being competitive. Sign of the times, I guess. 

No comments: