Sunday, January 1, 2023

Clamp It, Jed

 


Welding the ends to the stretchers went better than I had hoped. I used a couple of magnets to hold the ends to the stretchers while tacking, checked the square and then used some vise grips to hold up the bottom stretcher. In order to keep the stretcher snugged up on the ends, I used a couple of bar clamps. The one on the left is one I bought from Harbor Freight. It's aluminum, and certainly not for any heavy-duty job, but when you're holding with one hand and trying to get the clamp tightened up with the other, it works pretty well. I might get myself a couple more of these. They come in a couple of different lengths, and you know what Norm says: "You can never have too many clamps."


The finished product - except paint, that is. I forgot to see if I have any flat black. If so, it'll get painted today. If not, first of the week. If I've got paint, I'll be able to have a finished project in the win column on the first day of the year. Let's hope that's an indication of how 2023 will go.


The boxing book showed up yesterday. I don't know how those Amazonians get that stuff up the Nile as fast as they do, but that Prime membership sure does make it easy and quick to get damn near anything right to the front door. Actually, quite the blessing for a guy who lives out in the country.

Good-by 2022, Hello 2023. Peace and Prosperity to you all!

No comments: