Thursday, January 19, 2023

Welding Stuff


I finished welding the stakes for the trailer sides. I ordered the hardware needed to finish the job - the tracking number says it'll be here Monday. I don't have any real need for it right now, just want to have it finished. When the hardware comes in, I'll pull the trailer into the garage and take an afternoon to finish it up.

I was thinking again about modifying the jitney manifold for a different carb or a two-carb setup. I'm a long way off from needing an intake, but now that the trailer's about done, it'll give me something to think about in my spare time.

I used up my argon bottle finishing the stakes, so I'll get another one today. I've got a few other chores to take care of while I'm out as well. After that I want to tidy up the shop and then get lined up on the jitney again. 

I heard from a former student I had at the college the other day. He's doing aerospace welding now. He's welded parts for NASA, Space-X and Blue Origin. He said he's even done some TIG welding with a mirror - that's something I've never done. Nor have I ever welded on some of the exotic materials he's welding. As an old shop teacher, glad to see the boy make good.

No comments: